


Did you know? The original title of this special was I Kinda Like It When a Lot of People Die but the title was changed as it was recorded shortly after the attacks of 9/11. Nonetheless, George Carlin does here for the Ten Commandments what he did for the Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television three decades earlier - in essence, he performs a routine that codifies language, familiar language, universal to us all. And while his performance is a bit uneven at times, there is no denying the edginess and brilliance behind Carlin’s work. If you’re a fan of George Carlin, this cannot be considered his best but it is still quite a worthwhile performance and if you're not familiar with Carlin do yourself a favor and watch his specials in chronological order. Solid work by a comedic genius whose voice is missed.
I’m repurposing content by taking my NetFlix reviews and posting them here on the blog. If I could figure out a way to do it, I’d post some kind of link for people to connect and make me their friend on the service. Unfortunately, it isn’t altogether clear how one would do that - so if you know a way, pass it along. In the meantime, I’ve got steady content for at least a year.

No comments:
Post a Comment